Cheap Online Computer Science Associates Degree Colleges
The average tuition charged by colleges in the US offering online associates degree in computer science programs is $7,678 yearly. The average tuition has increased, in recent years, by 19.7%. The per annum average tuition was $6,414 at these online colleges and universities in 2007.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at colleges offering online computer science programs at the associates level from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that offer online associates degree in computer science programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $13,350. However, tuition ranging from $576 to $2,903 per year is charged by the cheapest colleges. The accredited online computer science associates degree schools that are the least expensive are located in California, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Texas.
- Associate of Business in Accounting/Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Arts and Science in Computer Forensics
- Associate of Arts and Science in Criminal Justice - Network Security and Computer Forensics
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology - Computer Forensics
- Associate of Applied Business in Computer Networking
- Associate of Science in Computer Networking
- Associate of Arts and Science in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology - Computer Networking Hardware
- Associate of Arts in Computer Science - Computer Networking
- Associate of Arts and Science in Computer Networking Technology
- Associate of Science in Health Information Technology
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 18% of computer science graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 177,321 of the 973,614 graduates from around the US. From 2006 to 2011, the number of computer science graduates with associates degrees from the least costly online colleges has increased by 21,532 graduates per annum. However, the percentage of graduates from these colleges has decreased.
Other somewhat more expensive online computer science associates degree colleges charge students tuition ranging from $3,024 to $4,740 per annum. A reported 70 of the 233 online schools with associates degrees in computer science programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 22.3% of the country's computer science associates level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. This represents 217,574 students. The number of students graduating from these colleges and universities was only 182,837 students in 2006, which was a short 5 years prior. This is a 19% increase in the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online schools.