Cheap Online Engineering Associates Degree Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that have online associates degree in engineering programs is $5,501 yearly. There has been a 14.1% increase in the median tuition over the past few years. At these online colleges the median tuition per year in 2007 was $4,822.
Online associates degree in engineering colleges and universities are sometimes called Engineering Sciences colleges and universities. The tuition range for colleges offering online engineering programs at the associates level is displayed in the following graph. Tuition is shown from the most to least costly colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $13,376 per year is charged by the most expensive colleges and universities with online associates degree in engineering programs. The cheapest colleges and universities, however, have tuition ranging from $2,610 to $3,120 each year. Michigan and Ohio are home to the most inexpensive accredited online engineering associates degree schools.
- Associate of Arts and Science in Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts and Science in Telecommunications and Networking Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts and Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts in Engineering
- Associate of Science in Engineering
- Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Aquatic Engineering
- Associate of Arts and Science in General Technology - Engineering Graphics
In 2011, of all engineering graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation, an estimated 10% earned credentials from these cheap programs. Therefore, of the 78,765 graduates from across the country, 8,203 are from the least costly colleges. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of engineering graduates with associates degrees from the lowest cost online schools has increased, while the number of graduates has also increased by 3,483 graduates per year.
Other somewhat more costly online engineering associates degree colleges charge a yearly tuition in the range of $3,354 to $3,696. Approximately 2 of the 10 online schools offering associates degrees in engineering programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 12.7% of the country's engineering associates level graduates received their credentials from these reasonably priced online programs. This represents 9,973 students. Only 8,375 students earned credentials from these schools in 2006, which was just 5 years prior. Thus, from these low tuition online colleges and universities, the number of graduates has increased by 19%.