Cheap Online Science Associates Degree Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that have online associates degree in science programs is $4,970 yearly. Over the past few years, there has been a 28.3% increase in the median tuition. In 2007, the median tuition at these online schools was $3,873 per annum.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for colleges offering online science programs at the associates level from highest to lowest cost:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools with online associates degree in science programs charge students more than $7,011 in tuition each year. On the other end of the spectrum, tuition in the range of $576 to $2,025 yearly is charged by the cheapest schools. California, Florida, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Texas are home to the most inexpensive accredited online science associates degree schools.
- Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences - Chemistry
- Associate of Science in Liberal Arts: Mathematics and Science - Chemistry
- Associate of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Adolescence Education-Grade 7-12 - Teacher Education: Chemistry
- Associate of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Childhood Education-Grade 1-6 - Teacher Education: Chemistry
- Associate of Science in Chemistry
- Associate of Arts in Chemistry
- Associate of Arts in Environmental Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Environmental and Regulatory Science - Environmental Management
- Associate of Arts and Science in Environmental Science
- Associate of Science in Environmental Science
In 2011, of all science graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation, an estimated 19% earned credentials from these cheap programs. Therefore, of the 187,628 graduates from around the US, 34,891 are from the most inexpensive schools. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of science graduates with associates degrees from the least expensive online schools has increased by 17,857 graduates per year, while the percentage of graduates from these schools has also increased.
Tuition ranging from $2,640 to $3,800 per annum is charged by other somewhat more expensive online science associates degree colleges. Tuition in this range is charged by 7 of the 31 online colleges offering associates degrees in science programs in the country.
A reported 11.2%, or 21,077 of the nation's science associates level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. In 2006, which was only 5 years earlier, the number of graduates from these colleges was as much as 22,263 students. Therefore, the number of students graduating from these cheap online colleges has decreased by 5%.