Cheap Online Computer Science Masters Degree Colleges
A per annum median tuition of $11,120 is charged by colleges and universities that offer online masters degree in computer science programs across the nation. Over the past few years, the median tuition has increased by 20.7%. In 2007, the median tuition was $9,216 each year at these online colleges and universities.
The range of tuition at colleges offering online computer science programs at the masters level from least to most affordable is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that have online masters degree in computer science programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $21,940. But, per annum tuition in the range of $2,296 to $5,544 is charged by the cheapest colleges and universities. The least costly accredited online computer science masters degree schools are located in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Virginia.
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Database Management and Business Intelligence
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Business Administration
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - IT Project Management
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Security
- Master of Science in CIS
- Master of Science in Cyber Security and Information Assurance - Computer Forensics
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Cyber Crime Specialization
- Master of Computer Science - Computer Networking and Telecommunications
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 25% of computer science graduates with masters degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. Therefore, of the 2,528,989 graduates in the nation, 627,435 are from the most inexpensive colleges and universities. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of computer science graduates with masters degrees from the lowest cost online schools has decreased, while the number of graduates has increased by 25,857 graduates per year.
Other somewhat more expensive online computer science masters degree colleges charge students tuition ranging from $5,568 to $9,134 yearly. Tuition in this range is charged by 36 of the 174 online colleges that offer masters degrees in computer science programs in the country.
In 2011, 30.4%, or 769,947 of the country's computer science masters level graduates received their credentials from these reasonably priced online programs. The number of graduates from these colleges and universities was only 735,630 students, a short 5 years earlier, in 2006. This represents a 5% increase in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.