Cheap Online Education Masters Degree Colleges
Colleges in the US that have online masters degree in education programs require students to pay an average tuition of $13,483 per year. The average tuition has increased over the past few years. This change in tuition was about 17.8%. In 2007, the average tuition was $11,447 per year at these online colleges and universities.
Online masters degree in education schools are also known as Education Administration and Teaching schools. The range of tuition at colleges offering online education programs at the masters level from most to least expensive is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $22,660 annually is charged by the most expensive colleges and universities offering online masters degree in education programs. The cheapest schools, however, have annual tuition costs ranging from $970 to $5,336. The least costly accredited online education masters degree schools are located in Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- MA in Education-Leadership in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Arts in Education - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Arts in Education in Curriculum and Instruction - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction - English as a Second Language: ESL/Early Childhood Education
- Master of Science in Early Childhood Education - Teaching
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education - Reading Endorsement Certification
- Master of Arts in Education in Early Childhood Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 27% of education graduates with masters degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 1,165,408 of the 4,382,668 graduates from around the US. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of education graduates with masters degrees from the most inexpensive online colleges has increased. Also, the number of graduates has increased by 187,472 graduates per annum.
Other somewhat more costly online education masters degree schools charge a yearly tuition in the range of $5,340 to $9,720. Tuition in this range is charged by 94 of the 370 online colleges offering masters degrees in education programs in the country.
A reported 36.2%, or 1,588,593 of the nation's education masters level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. A short 5 years prior, in 2006, only 1,402,891 students earned credentials from these colleges and universities. Therefore, the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online colleges has increased by 13%.