Cheap Online Engineering Masters Degree Colleges
Schools around the country that offer online masters degree in engineering programs charge an average tuition of $13,099 per year. The average tuition has increased by 12.6% in recent years. At these online colleges the average tuition yearly in 2007 was $11,634.
Online masters degree in engineering schools are also known as Engineering Sciences schools. The tuition range for colleges offering online engineering programs at the masters level is displayed in the following graph. Tuition is shown from the most to least costly colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $20,940 yearly is charged by the most expensive online masters degree in engineering colleges. However, yearly tuition charged by the cheapest colleges ranges from $2,881 to $5,452. Florida, Kansas, North Carolina, Texas, and Virginia are home to the least costly accredited online engineering masters degree schools.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - VLSI and Circuit Design
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering - Data Communications and Networks
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering - Networks and Communications
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering - Multimedia Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - Energy Sources and Systems
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Electrical and Computer Engineering
A reported 27% of engineering graduates with masters degrees from online schools around the US graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. This represents 406,405 of the 1,521,112 graduates from across the country. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of engineering graduates with masters degrees from the most inexpensive online colleges and universities has decreased. However, the number of graduates has increased by 14,718 graduates each year.
Other somewhat more costly online engineering masters degree colleges charge a yearly tuition in the range of $5,461 to $7,875. An estimated 18 of the 73 online schools that offer masters degrees in engineering programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
Approximately 383,381 students earned their degrees from these low tuition online programs in 2011. This is 25% of the nation's engineering masters level graduates. As much as 387,585 students earned credentials from these colleges and universities in 2006, which was a short 5 years prior. This represents a 1% decrease in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.