Cheap Online Computer Science PhD Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that offer online PhD in computer science programs is $7,900 yearly. The median tuition has increased by 15.3% in recent years. The yearly median tuition was $6,853 at these online colleges in 2007.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at colleges offering online computer science programs at the doctorate level from most to least expensive:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that offer online doctoral program in computer science programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $20,940. However, tuition ranging from $2,870 to $5,452 each year is charged by the cheapest colleges. The accredited online computer science doctorate degree program schools that are the least expensive are located in Florida, Idaho, North Carolina, Utah, and Virginia.
- PhD in Health Informatics
- Doctor of Science in Information Assurance
- Doctor of Professional Studies in Information Management
- Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership - Information Systems and Technology
- PhD in Management - Information Systems Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - Information Systems
- Doctor of Health Administration - Information Systems
- Doctor of Management in Management in Organizational Leadership - Information Systems and Technology
- PhD in Technology Management
- PhD in Technology Management - Quality Systems
These cheap programs graduated an estimated 22% of computer science graduates with doctoral programs from online schools around the US in 2011. Therefore, of the 1,205,164 graduates from around the US, 267,463 are from the most inexpensive schools. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of computer science graduates with PhD from the lowest cost online schools has decreased, while the number of graduates has increased by 32,963 graduates per year.
Yearly tuition in the range of $5,461 to $7,656 is charged by other somewhat more costly online computer science doctorate degree program colleges and universities. Of the 51 online colleges and universities that offer PhD in computer science programs in the nation, 13 charge students tuition in this range.
In 2011, 22.4%, or 269,489 of the country's computer science doctorate level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. Only 210,543 students graduated from these colleges and universities, a short 5 years earlier, in 2006. Thus, from these low tuition online colleges and universities, the number of graduates has increased by 28%.