The following is a guest post from my daughter, who has been begging to write a post for Frugal Dad for some time now. I’ve edited the spelling, but the words are hers. I think you will agree we have a budding author in our household. In fact, my wife and I joke that she will probably publish a book before her Dad!
Chocolate Chip Parfait
- 1 Pack of Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Container of Whipped Topping
- 1 Cup of Milk
- Place a big spoonful of Cool Whip into a parfait cup or bowl
- Dunk a cookie into the bowl of milk
- Next, place the cookie on top of the Cool Whip
- Continue until you have three or four layers
- Put in fridge until chilled and ready to serve
Notes from Frugal Dad: This has become our favorite summer recipe because it is a wonderful, cool treat to have after dinner. The recipe can be made healthy by using reduced fat Chips Ahoy cookies, fat free Cool Whip, and skim milk. And of course you can save a little money by looking for store brand whipped topping and chocolate chip cookies. Our daughter makes four servings of this dessert about once a week during the summer, much to the delight of the entire family!