Cheap Online Colleges in Louisiana
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across Louisiana that offer online programs is $5,318 yearly. In recent years, the median tuition has increased by 58.9%. The yearly median tuition was $3,347 at these online Louisiana colleges in 2007.
The tuition range for online colleges in Louisiana offering programs from most to least costly is displayed in the following graph:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools with online programs charge students more than $10,738 in tuition annually. The cheapest colleges and universities, on the other hand, require students to pay tuition in the range of $1,654 to $3,002 yearly. Bossier City, Natchitoches, and Shreveport are home to the least costly accredited online schools.
- Master of Science in Information Systems - Computer Security Management
- Master of Science in Information Systems - Decision Support System Management
- Master of Science in Information Systems - Systems Development Management
- Master of Arts in Adult Education - Homeland Security
- Master of Education in Special Education - Mild/Moderate Middle
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice
Of all graduates from online colleges across Louisiana, approximately 20% graduated from these low tuition programs in 2011. This represents 10,123 of the 51,057 graduates from across Louisiana. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of graduates from the lowest cost online colleges has increased, while the number of graduates has also increased by 6,148 graduates yearly.
Tuition ranging from $3,013 to $4,152 each year is charged by other somewhat more expensive colleges and universities. Of the 15 online colleges and universities that offer programs in Louisiana, 3 charge students tuition in this range.
A reported 35.9%, or 18,312 of the state's graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. The number of graduates from these colleges was only 15,458 students, only 5 years earlier, in 2006. This is a 19% increase in the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online schools.