Cheap Online Colleges in Minnesota
Colleges in Minnesota that have online programs require students to pay a median tuition of $10,937 per year. The median tuition has increased by 39.8% in recent years. At these online Minnesota schools the median tuition yearly in 2007 was $7,825.
The range of tuition at online schools in Minnesota offering programs from most to least expensive is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools with online programs charge students more than $15,660 in tuition per annum. The cheapest colleges and universities, on the other hand, charge per annum tuition costs in the range of $4,281 to $4,528. Brooklyn Park, Hibbing, Minneapolis, North Mankato, and White Bear Lake are home to the lowest cost accredited online schools.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Forensic Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Marketing
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts and Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Care Management
- Associate of Arts and Science in Paralegal
- Associate of Arts and Science in Criminal Justice
These cheap programs graduated an estimated 14% of graduates from online schools around Minnesota in 2011. This represents 33,323 of the 233,501 graduates in Minnesota. From 2006 to 2011, the number of graduates from the least costly online schools has increased by 9,847 graduates per year. Also, the percentage of graduates from these schools has increased.
Other somewhat more expensive online colleges charge students tuition ranging from $4,577 to $5,927 per year. Tuition in this range is charged by 11 of the 58 online colleges that offer programs in Minnesota.
A reported 21.3%, or 49,787 of the state's graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. Only 5 years prior, in 2006, only 25,664 students earned credentials from these colleges. Therefore, the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online colleges has increased by 94%.