Cheap Online Colleges in Pennsylvania
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across Pennsylvania that have online programs is $14,244 yearly. Over the past few years, there has been a 22.1% increase in the median tuition. In 2007, the median tuition was $11,664 each year at these online Pennsylvania colleges.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at online schools in Pennsylvania offering programs from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $26,848 is charged by the costliest online colleges and universities. The cheapest schools, on the other hand, require students to pay annual tuition costs in the range of $4,440 to $11,286. The most inexpensive accredited online schools are located in Bethlehem, Johnstown, Monaca, Pittsburgh, and Schnecksville.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Special Education
- Master of Science in Emergency Management
- Master of Arts in Education in Elementary Teacher Education
- Master of Arts in Education in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology - Programming
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 30% of graduates from online colleges and universities in Pennsylvania. This represents 115,259 of the 388,719 graduates from around Pennsylvania. From 2006 to 2011, the number of graduates from the least costly online schools has increased by 17,008 graduates per year. Also, the percentage of graduates from these schools has increased.
Tuition ranging from $11,834 to $20,940 per annum is charged by other somewhat more expensive schools. An estimated 12 of the 52 online schools that offer programs in Pennsylvania charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 37.6%, or 146,146 of the state's graduates received their credentials from these reasonably priced online programs. In 2006, which was just 5 years earlier, only 126,845 students graduated from these schools. This is a 15% increase in the number of students graduating from these reasonably priced online schools.