Cheap Online Colleges in Texas
A yearly median tuition of $5,047 is charged by schools that have online programs around Texas. In recent years, the median tuition has increased. This change in tuition was about 24.6%. In 2007, the median tuition was $4,050 per year at these online Texas schools.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at online schools in Texas offering programs from most to least expensive:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
A yearly tuition of over $14,695 is charged by the costliest online colleges and universities. The cheapest colleges and universities, on the other hand, charge tuition in the range of $600 to $3,072 per annum. The accredited online schools that are the lowest cost are located in Amarillo, Athens, Carthage, Corsicana, and Wichita Falls.
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Bioinformatics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing in Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Information Science
- Master of Science in Library Science
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- Master of Science in Merchandising
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminology and Criminal Justice
These cheap programs graduated an estimated 14% of graduates from online schools around Texas in 2011. This represents 72,391 of the 525,891 graduates from across Texas. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of graduates from the lowest cost online schools has increased, while the number of graduates has also increased by 25,531 graduates per year.
Yearly tuition in the range of $3,552 to $4,740 is charged by other somewhat more costly online colleges. Roughly 16 of the 72 online schools that have programs in Texas charge tuition in this range.
In 2011, 35.8% of the state's graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. This represents 188,307 students. Just 5 years prior, in 2006, only 141,956 students earned credentials from these schools. Thus, from these affordable online colleges and universities, the number of graduates has increased by 33%.