Cheap Online Colleges in Washington, D.C.
Schools around Washington, D.C. that offer online programs charge a median tuition of $25,340 per year. In recent years, there has been a 15.9% increase in the median tuition. In 2007, the median tuition at these online Washington, D.C. schools was $21,860 per annum.
The tuition range for online colleges in Washington, D.C. offering programs is displayed in the following graph. Tuition is shown from the most to least costly colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $39,768 per year is charged by the most expensive online colleges. But, tuition in the range of $10,680 to $10,850 yearly is charged by the cheapest colleges. The accredited online schools that are the lowest cost are located in Washington.
- Doctor of Ministry - Spiritual Formation
- Doctor of Ministry - Catechesis: Mystagogy
- Doctor of Ministry - Pastoral Care
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science - Generalist
- Master of Social Work - Clinical
- Master of Social Work - Social Change
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science - User Services
- Doctor of Ministry - Catechesis: Liturgical Formation
- Doctor of Ministry - Catechesis: Evangelization and Catechesis
Of all graduates from online colleges across Washington, D.C., a reported 2% graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 95,520 graduates in Washington, D.C., 1,799 are from the most inexpensive colleges and universities. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of graduates from the most inexpensive online schools has increased. Also, the number of graduates has increased by 576 graduates per year.
Tuition ranging from $11,160 to $17,100 yearly is charged by other somewhat more expensive colleges. Tuition in this range is charged by 2 of the 8 online colleges with programs in Washington, D.C..
In 2011, 7.8%, or 7,478 of the state's graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. In 2006, which was only 5 years earlier, as much as 9,609 students graduated from these colleges. Therefore, the number of students graduating from these cheap online colleges has decreased by 22%.