Cheap Online Engineering Technology Colleges
The median tuition charged by schools around the country that have online engineering technology programs is $3,782 yearly. Over the past few years, the median tuition has increased. This change in tuition was approximately 14.2%. The yearly median tuition at these onlinecolleges in 2007 was $3,312.
The range of tuition at online engineering technology colleges from least to most affordable is shown in the following chart:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools offering online engineering technology programs charge students more than $5,452 in tuition annually. The cheapest colleges, however, charge students tuition ranging from $2,816 to $2,820 per year. The accredited online engineering technology schools that are the least costly are located in Florida and North Carolina.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Associate of Arts and Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology in Mechanical Engineering Technology - Nuclear Engineering Technology
- Master of Science in Professional Studies - Telecommunications Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology-Electronic in Engineering Technology - Electronic: Renewable Energy
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science - Electronic Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology - Electronics: Renewable Energy
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology-Electronics in Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Associate's - Electronics Engineering Technology
In 2011, of all engineering technology graduates from online colleges and universities in the nation, an estimated 46% earned credentials from these cheap programs. This represents 21,045 of the 45,431 graduates from across the country. From 2006 to 2011, the percentage of engineering technology graduates from the most inexpensive online schools has decreased. However, the number of graduates has increased by 2,419 graduates per year.
Other somewhat more costly online engineering technology colleges and universities charge a yearly tuition in the range of $3,696 to $3,868. Tuition in this range is charged by 2 of the 6 online colleges offering engineering technology programs in the country.
Approximately 8,107 students earned their degrees from these low tuition online programs in 2011. This is 18% of the nation's engineering technology graduates.