Cheap Online Education Masters Degree Colleges
A median tuition of $9,720 annually is charged by colleges in the US that offer online masters degree in education programs. The median tuition has increased by 22.3% in recent years. The per annum median tuition was $7,950 at these online colleges and universities in 2007.
Below, the chart displays the tuition range for colleges offering online education programs at the masters level from most to least costly:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that have online masters degree in education programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $22,660. However, annual tuition charged by the cheapest schools ranges from $970 to $5,340. The lowest cost accredited online education masters degree schools are located in Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Master of Arts in Special Education - Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Master of Arts in Special (Adapted) Physical Education
- Master of Education - Teaching English Language Learners
- Master of Arts in Education - Teaching Excellence
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education - Adapted Curriculum
- MA/Education - Assessment & Measurement
- Master of Arts in Exercise Science - Adapted Physical Education
- Master of Science in Education in Reading Education
- Master of Arts in Reading Education
- Master of Education in Reading Education
These cheap programs graduated an estimated 27% of education graduates with masters degrees from online schools around the US in 2011. Therefore, of the 4,171,979 graduates from across the country, 1,108,503 are from the least costly colleges. From 2006 to 2011, the number of education graduates with masters degrees from the least costly online colleges and universities has increased by 158,868 graduates each year. However, the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has decreased.
Tuition ranging from $5,406 to $9,611 annually is charged by other somewhat more expensive online education masters degree colleges. Of the 348 online colleges and universities that have masters degrees in education programs in the nation, 86 have tuition in this range.
In 2011, 35.4%, or 1,476,438 of the country's education masters level graduates received their certificates from these cheap online programs. Only 5 years prior, in 2006, the number of students graduating from these colleges was only 1,290,646. This represents a 14% increase in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.