Cheap Online Public Health Masters Degree Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that offer online masters degree in public health programs is $6,076 yearly. Over the past few years, the median tuition has increased. This change in tuition was about 28.7%. The annual median tuition was $4,722 at these online schools in 2007.
Online masters degree in public health colleges and universities are sometimes called community health colleges and universities. The following graph shows the range of tuition at colleges offering online public health programs at the masters level from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
The most expensive colleges that have online masters degree in public health programs require students to pay a yearly tuition of over $11,648. However, yearly tuition charged by the cheapest colleges ranges from $1,714 to $4,274. Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Virginia are home to the most inexpensive accredited online public health masters degree schools.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Community/Public Health Nursing
- Master of Public Health - Biostatistics
- Master of Public Health - Maternal and Child Health
- Master of Science in Public Health - Maternal and Child Health
- Master in Public Health - Nutrition
- Master of Public Health - Health Policy and Management
- Master of Public Health - Applied Public Health Informatics
- Master of Public Health - Environmental Health
- Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice - Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Master of Science in Nursing - Advanced Public Health/Global Health Nursing
Of all public health graduates with masters degrees from online colleges across the country, a reported 21% graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. This represents 156,723 of the 737,909 graduates from around the US. Between 2006 and 2011, the number of public health graduates with masters degrees from the least expensive online colleges and universities has increased by 47,201 graduates annually, while the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has also increased.
Other somewhat more costly online public health masters degree colleges and universities charge a yearly tuition in the range of $4,815 to $5,580. Tuition in this range is charged by 7 of the 29 online colleges that have masters degrees in public health programs in the country.
A reported 22.7%, or 167,777 of the nation's public health masters level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. Only 5 years prior, in 2006, the number of students graduating from these colleges was only 116,567. Thus, from these affordable online colleges and universities, the number of graduates has increased by 44%.