Cheap Online Special Education Masters Degree Colleges
The median tuition charged by colleges and universities across the nation that offer online masters degree in special education programs is $7,438 yearly. Over the past few years, the median tuition has increased. This change in tuition was approximately 44.8%. The median tuition per annum was $5,136 at these online colleges in 2007.
The following graph shows the range of tuition at colleges offering online special education programs at the masters level from least to most affordable:
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
At the high end, schools offering online masters degree in special education programs charge students more than $11,152 in tuition annually. However, per annum tuition ranging from $2,688 to $4,070 is charged by the cheapest colleges and universities. The least costly accredited online special education masters degree schools are located in Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Virginia.
- Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education
- Master of Arts in Education in Special Education
- Master of Education in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Education - Special Education-Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood
- Master of Arts in Education - Supervisor of Special Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education
- Master of Education in Special Education - Severe Disabilities
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education - Visual Impairment
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Mild/Moderate Special Education Merged - Secondary Special Education
- Master of Science in Special Education - Severe Disabilities
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 25% of special education graduates with masters degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. Therefore, of the 1,162,601 graduates from across the country, 286,964 are from the most inexpensive colleges. From 2006 to 2011, the number of special education graduates with masters degrees from the least costly online colleges and universities has increased by 12,476 graduates each year. However, the percentage of graduates from these colleges and universities has decreased.
Yearly tuition in the range of $4,680 to $7,368 is charged by other somewhat more costly online special education masters degree schools. An estimated 18 of the 72 online schools that offer masters degrees in special education programs in the US charge tuition in this range.
A reported 306,799 students earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. This is 26% of the nation's special education masters level graduates. Only 208,217 students graduated from these colleges, only 5 years earlier, in 2006. This is a 47% increase in the number of students graduating from these cheap online schools.