Cheap Online Associates Degree Colleges
Colleges in the US that have online associates degree programs require students to pay a median tuition of $9,750 per year. The median tuition has increased over the past few years. This change in tuition was around 64.4%. The yearly median tuition at these colleges in 2007 was $5,930.
The range of tuition at schools around the nation offering associates level programs is shown in the following chart. Tuition is shown from the least to most affordable colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $15,950 per annum is charged by the most expensive online associates degree colleges. The cheapest schools, on the other hand, require students to pay tuition in the range of $576 to $3,328 each year. The online accredited associates degree schools that are the least expensive are located in California, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Texas.
- Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences - Chemistry
- Associate of Science in Liberal Arts: Mathematics and Science - Chemistry
- Associate of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Adolescence Education-Grade 7-12 - Teacher Education: Chemistry
- Associate of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Childhood Education-Grade 1-6 - Teacher Education: Chemistry
- Associate of Science in Chemistry
- Associate of Arts in Chemistry
- Associate of Arts and Science in Child Care Supervision and Management
- Associate of Arts in Psychology - Christian Counseling
- Associate of Arts in Christian Education
- Associate of Business in Accounting/Computer Information Systems
In 2011, these low tuition programs graduated approximately 24% of graduates with associates degrees from online colleges and universities in the nation. This represents 618,360 of the 2,606,765 graduates from across the country. Between 2006 and 2011, the percentage of graduates with associates degrees from the lowest cost schools has decreased, while the number of graduates has increased by 101,619 graduates per year.
Other somewhat more costly online associates degree schools charge a yearly tuition in the range of $3,330 to $7,890. Of the 757 online colleges and universities that have associates level programs in the nation, 141 have tuition in this range.
A reported 24% of the nation's associates level graduates earned their degrees and certificates from these affordable online programs in 2011. This represents 625,720 students. Only 486,734 students earned credentials from these schools in 2006, which was just 5 years prior. Thus, the number of graduates from these affordable online colleges has increased by 29%.