Cheap Online PhD Colleges
An annual average tuition of $14,504 is charged by colleges that have online PhD programs in the US. In recent years, there has been a 16.5% increase in the average tuition. At these schools the average tuition per year in 2007 was $12,451.
The range of tuition at schools around the nation offering PhD level programs is shown in the following chart. Tuition is shown from the least to most affordable colleges and universities.
|Tuition Level||Number of Schools|
Tuition of more than $24,550 each year is charged by the most expensive colleges and universities offering online PhD. However, annual tuition ranging from $1,417 to $5,448 is charged by the cheapest schools. Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming are home to the most inexpensive online accredited doctorate degree program schools.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Management - Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - PK-12 Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Leadership For Educational Equity - Instructional Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Nursing Administration - Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Clinical Nurse Specialist - Psychiatric Mental Health
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Nurse Practitioner - Family Nurse Practitioner
A reported 27% of graduates with PhD from online schools around the US graduated from these affordable programs in 2011. Therefore, of the 4,662,250 graduates in the nation, 1,242,380 are from the least costly colleges and universities. From 2006 to 2011, the number of graduates with doctorate degree programs from the least costly schools has increased by 215,173 graduates per year. However, the percentage of graduates from these schools has remained constant.
Yearly tuition in the range of $5,452 to $8,500 is charged by other somewhat more costly online PhD colleges and universities. Tuition in this range is charged by 69 of the 285 online colleges that have PhD level programs in the country.
Approximately 1,413,141 students earned their degrees from these low tuition online programs in 2011. This is 30% of the nation's doctoral level graduates. A short 5 years prior, in 2006, the number of students graduating from these colleges and universities was only 1,235,906. This represents a 14% increase in the number of graduates from these low tuition online schools.