Happy Valentine’s Day to all the love birds out there. My wife and I enjoyed a dinner at Outback Steakhouse last night, compliments of a gift card my mother-in-law gave us for Christmas. It was nice to have a night out just to ourselves, and I was happy because the early-bird specials were available until 6:00pm Monday through Friday!
Other than the ProFlowers I ordered for my wife, which arrived yesterday, we decided to forgo Valentine’s Day gifts as we continue our push for debt freedom and a fully funded emergency fund by the end of this year. I know it isn’t very romantic, but the added feeling of security from debt freedom is worth it. Besides, next year we just might take a short, debt-free trip to celebrate Valentine’s Day with financial freedom!
Favorite Valentine’s Day Posts
- The Best Valentines Day Tip I Have – Make It A Surprise. @The Writer’s Coin
- 10 Romantic Songs To Set The Mood For Love. @My Supercharged Life
- 15 Cheap Valentine’s Day Dates @Bargaineering
- Free Gifts For Your Valentine. @The Wisdom Journal
- Some Thoughts on Celebrating Valentine’s Day @The Simple Dollar
- Money Saving Tips For Kids On Valentine’s Day. @About.com: Kids and Money
- Cheap, Debt-Free Valentine’s Dates. @Bargain Babe
- The Unwritten Love Poem. @Marc and Angel