I’ve made an executive decision with regard to the roundups going forward. I joked last week that my roundups were starting to look more like a carnival because of the number of links I was including. Starting with today’s roundup, I plan to publish a smaller roundup twice a week highlighting a few of my favorites from around the web. Let me know how you like the new format.
The Weekly Roundup, Part One
- 20 Networking Mistakes You Should Not Make. A great list of twenty mistakes to avoid when learning to network. (@The Wisdom Journal)
- Addicted to Experiences. Interesting question in this post–Can we become just as addicted to experiences as we can stuff? (@On Simplicity)
- Financial Advice for Sarah Palin. Some unsolicited financial advice for Sarah Palin. (@My Dollar Plan)
- 52 Sunday Evening Meditations on Life. Sunday evening is a reflective time as we look ahead to the week in front of us, and to the week that just closed out. Each of these 52 thoughts should help get you in the right frame of mind. (@Marc and Angel Hack Life)
- Frugal and Family Lessons from Jon and Kate Plus 8. Some interesting lessons learned on frugal living inspired by the show Jon and Kate Plus 8. (@4 Hats and Frugal)
- The Daily Balance of Parenting and Housework. Anyone who thinks balancing housework and parenting is a piece of cake should volunteer to take over for a full time parent. When I stand in for my wife if she is sick I joke that she needs to get well so I can get back to work and rest! (@ Simple Mom)
- 6 Things More Expensive Because of Marketing. Marketing is often responsible for inflating the cost of things that wouldn’t normally be so expensive. (@Blueprint for Financial Prosperity)
- Avoid the Pitfall of Comparing Yourself to Others. I spent a lot of energy (and money) in my younger days trying to keep up with others who were older, more wealthy, and further along in life than I was. Ultimately, it only set me back further, and it wasn’t until I quit comparing myself to others that I finally gained control of my finances. (@My Super-Charged Life)
That concludes the first part of this week’s roundup. Check back mid-week for another sampling of great reads from around the web. If you are visiting Frugal Dad for the first time, or just have the site bookmarked, I want to invite you to sign up to receive daily content from Frugal Dad via email delivery, or directly to your favorite feed reader. It’s a great way to keep up with articles here, and best of all, it’s FREE!