Photo courtesy of Denis Defreyne
The Frugal household came to a screeching halt Wednesday night when we discovered mice have decided to take up residency in our garage. My wife is threatening to move out until they are eradicated, and my daughter is terrified. My son, on the other hand, has decided mice are “cool” and Daddy’s exasperated attempts at catching them is even cooler! I thought about getting a cat, but I could envision the cat taking off after a mouse, and our dog taking off after the cat, and me chasing all of them. Besides, knowing my luck the cat would be about as concerned with mice as the one featured in the photograph above.
The mice have taught me a valuable lesson in perservernace. They found a loose brick outside our garage, squeezed through the crack, chewed completely through the baseboard and are hiding in our garage. Let’s just hope they leave before deciding to start a new colony behind our freezer.
The Life Skills Network
- The Guerilla Tactics Your Need to Fight for the Right to Simplicity
- Back to Basics: Stop Whining and Frugal Up Your Finances
- 21 Keys to Magnetic Likability
- 15 Must Do Fall Finance Tips
- 30 Simple Ways to Get Your Child Ready to Read
- 10 Debt Collection DON’TS
The Money Writers
- Money Saving Tips and Frugal Memoir By the Frugal Duchess
- Obama’s Economic Rescue Plan Would Allow Penalty-Free Withdrawals up to $10,000 This Year and Next From Retirement Accounts
- Six Reasons to Love This Economy (Really. I’m Serious!)
- How Can YOU Save the US Economy – The Secret to Success of the American Dream
- How to Enjoy Life, or Not
The Fab Five
- Fans of the social bookmarking site Digg will like this one–it’s called Tip’d.com, and it is “a community for financial news, ideas, and tips.” Check out the growing number of articles.
- Money Podcasts: How to Listen to Personal Finance Commentary and Advice at Your Convenience
- Favorite Frugal Christmas Ideas? Lots of great ideas in the comments here.
- Stop Complaining for Seven Days
- Do Your Kids Know What Money Looks Like?