Pressed for time, so just a few favorites from the past week. More to follow later in the weekend.
- 5 Ways to Take Time Off Work. I’m always amazed at the number of people who have maxed out vacation accrual, or are even at risk of losing vacation time at their jobs. Get out of the office. Enjoy your family and the world around you!
- Save for College Using These Tools and Strategies. Nice collection of “Tools To Help You Save For College.” Includes an eye-opening chart of suggested monthly saving recommendations based on child’s age and type of college (private, public, Ivy).
- Is It Fair to Be Judged by Your FICO Score? I hate what FICO has become. A FICO score says little about the quality of its owner, and makes assumptions about people’s lifestyle that is rarely accurate outside of statistical correlation.
- Buying Things on Sale is an Awful Way to Save Money. This falls under the category of spending money to save money, which is pretty hard to pull off unless you are able to track usage and carry the costs/benefits far enough out to justify the expenses. Often times the greater savings would be found by skipping the item altogether, even if it is a great deal!
- Does Money Really Affect the Way You Think? Yes, earnings do matter, but having something worthwhile to do is far more important to me long term.